Thursday, October 4, 2007

...and she's back!

Wow, this whole getting back into the swing of things is killing me! I'm trying to be more focused and organized with our homeschooling efforts this year with A. officially in grade 1. Somehow though, the kids don't really seem to care one way or the other. If mommy plans a wonderfully integrated unit on the planets, we learn and have fun. If we do random art, pop bottle science experiments, read lots of interesting things, we learn and have fun too.

We did a unit (that I thought was going to be 5 weeks long) on Oceans. Kicked off the new school year with it actually. Apparently A is not done though. Eight weeks after we started, she still wants to explore the depths of the ocean, so today we signed out 4 more books about the ocean from the library. Meanwhile, I had mentally prepared myself to start a unit on space this week, so I'm trying to get my head back into Oceans!

No comments: